Welcome to Starry, Starry Night: Art & Astronomy Slumber Party! On August 13-14 we celebrate mankind’s on-going fascination with the heavens and astronomy’s influence on art through the ages. Coinciding with the 402nd anniversary of the
invention of the telescope, the 41st anniversary of the lunar landing, and the annual Perseid meteor showers, Starry Starry Night 2010 explores the ways we see (and travel through) outer space. We invite the community to learn about the vast night skies and the art it inspires through stimulating astronomy talks by guest astronomers and storytellers' tales of the night sky. Explore space through contemporary art installations and films, and create your own art inspired by the heavens. Sleep under the stars on Montalvo's front lawn and wake to breakfast at the historic Villa.
- Join our special Keynote Speaker, Mark León, Manager of the NASA Robotics Alliance Project and Program Manager of the NASA Lunar Micro-Rover at NASA Ames Research Center!
- Artist and Storyteller Jerry Falek will be on hand to tell tales of the constellations and other adventures!
- An art installation by Lucas Artist in Residence Miguel Palma will be on display.
- Fly through Space with AstroTable by Onomy Labs (Scott Minneman and Dale MacDonald) with former artist-in-residence J.D. Beltran.
- Breakfast will be served at the Historic Villa on Saturday morning!
Vinnie's Hot Dogs will also be on hand serving their gourmet hot dogs and more! Here is the menu:
- New York Style Dog: $3 - 100% Beef All Natural Oscar Mayer Stadium Dog on a locally baked bun
- Coney Island Dog: $4 - 100% Beef All Natural Oscar Mayer Stadium Dog on a locally baked bun topped with chili, cheese, onions and tomatoes
- Chicago Style Dog: $4 - 100% beef all natural Oscar Mayer Stadium Dog on a locally baked bun topped with pickle relish, sport peppers, onions, tomatoes, dijon mustard, and celery salt
- Silva’s Smoked Italian Chicken Sausage: $4 - Local, all natural & custom made for Vinnie’s, served with Vinnie’s sweet peppers and onions sauce and parmesan cheese
Jose Tofu Co. Dogs:
- Thai Style Tofu: $4 - Locally made tofu marinated and baked then topped Vinnie’s spicy peanut sauce, fresh diced cucumber, sweet onion, and tomato a fresh baked whole wheat bun
- Italian Style Tofu: $4 - Locally made tofu marinated and baked then topped Vinnie’s sweet pepper and onion sauce
- Kicks Ice Cream Sandwich: $4 - All natural Italian cream with organic all natural cookies
- Potato Salad, Gourmet Chips, or Kicks Gourmet Cookies: $2
About Vinnie's: Vinnie's mission is to provide folks a gourmet experience on a value budget. We accomplish this by providing the freshest local ingredients prepared by hand for each event. Our Dogs are the 100% all beef Oscar Mayer stadium dog, no presevatives or additives. This is the same hot dog that is served up at AT&T Park. Our Silva Sausages are custom made made fresh and all natural. Our Tofu and Ice Cream Sandwiches are Organic, Fresh and Local. Our sides and salads are hand made. Even the chips are all natural!
This event is suited for ages 6 and up – under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
Click here to see the Program of Activities for the 2010 Starry, Starry Night!
Ticket prices: $80 adult / $50 child / Family (2 adults/2 children) $230; Member: $70 adult / $40 child / Family $200
Evening Only: Public: $50 adult / $35 child; Member: $40 adult / $28 child