Thursday, June 22, 2017, 6 p.m. - Friday, June 23, 2017, 9 a.m.
TICKET PRICES : Adult: $50. Children under 18 (must be accompanied by an adult): $25
VENUE: Park Grounds
Back by popular demand this summer: Montalvo’s nighttime summer arts festival inspired by mankind’s abiding fascination with the skies and beyond. Explore space through art-making activities, music, films from outer space, and more. Delicious boxed dinners will be available for pre-event purchase (check back soon!) and hot and cold beverages and tasty snacks will be available for sale.
Here's a partial list of what's planned for the evening:
Cosmic Art-Making Activities
- Make and install your own glow-in-the dark constellation installation
- Dabble in space-themed printmaking
- Stargaze with telescopes installed on the Great Lawn
- See a presentation by Jonathan J. Fortney, a planetary scientist, professor, and Director of the Other Worlds Laboratory at UC Santa Cruz
- Learn about constellations at the pop-up planetarium installed in the historic Villa, providing astronomy shows throughout the evening
- See artwork created by students during the week's Summer Camps
Imagination Sparked by the Skies
- Be transported by star-inspired poetry and storytelling
- Come away on a contemplative night hike across the property
- Enjoy nighttime screenings of two family-friendly space-themed films: Space Camp and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
A Night Spent Under the Stars
If you like, you and your family can spend the night out on the Great Lawn and wake up to a delicious pancake breakfast! (NOTE: tents permitted without stakes; staying overnight is optional.)
Receive a 10% discount code for our astronomy-themed Summer Camps taking place June 19-23 with purchase! See your print-at-home ticket for the code.
Add a fresh and delicious boxed meal prepared by ModernTaste Catering to your evening!
- Poppy Seed Chicken Salad ($18): Mixed greens, chicken breast, cantaloupe, grapes, poppy seed dressing on the side
- Ginger Noodle Salad ($17): Noodles, tofu, cucumber, ginger, cilantro, green onion, sesame
- Roast Turkey Sandwich ($18): Turkey, havarti, cranberry, on herb bread + chips
- Vegetarian Sandwich ($17): Mozzarella, tomato, basil pesto on ciabatta + chips
- Kids Meal ($11): Turkey & Jack Parisan baguette sandwich w/an apple
For more information, call the Box Office at 408-961-5858 10am-4pm Monday-Friday.
Service fees may apply and are non-refundable.
Except during Presale dates, member discounts are only available through the Box Office. Box Office is open one hour prior to all show times.