Friday, August 10, 2012, 7 p.m. - Saturday, August 11, 2012, 8 a.m.
VENUE: Park Grounds
Celebrate mankind's fascination with the heavens and astronomy's influence on art through the ages. Coinciding with the 404th anniversary of the invention of the telescope, the 43rd anniversary of the lunar landing, and the annual Perseid meteor showers, Starry Starry Night 2012 explores our relationship with outer space.
Bring your sleeping bag (no tents!) and sleep on the lawn, then awaken bright and early to a free pancake breakfast served on the veranda of the historic Villa!
SCHEDULE OF THE DAY:
- 7pm - Gates open for ticketholders
- 7-11pm - Concessions for sale (Pavilion)
- 7-11pm - "Film Trilogy" exhibition on view (Project Space Gallery)
- 7-11pm - Artmaking (Solarium)
- 7:30-8:30pm - Welcome & Keynote: NASA Lunar Scientist Brian H. Day (Carriage House Theatre)
- 8:30-10pm - Acoustic Music Jam (Main Hall of the Villa)
- 8:30-10pm - Drum circle & bamboo flute workshop (Creekside Studio)
- 8:30-10pm - Artmaking (Side Veranda)
- 8:45-9:45pm - Night Hike (meet outside the Project Space Gallery; bring a flashlight!)
- 8:45-9:45pm - Storytelling (Oval Garden)
- 9pm-7am - Movies (Carriage House Theatre)
- 9pm-?? - Telescope viewing (Great Lawn)
- 6:30am - Pancake Breakfast (Front Veranda)
- Button making
- Be an Astronaut, Scientist, or Alien
- Faces of the Moon
- Solar System
- Create Your Own Constellation
- Night Scenes & Creatures
- Mexican Folk Art (Sun & Moon Plates)
- Drum Circle
- Bamboo Flutes
- Acoustic Music Jam
NOTE: If you purchased a Groupon for Starry, Starry Night, please call the Box Office to redeem your tickets in advance. Thank you!
For ages 6 & up. Under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
TICKET PRICES :
General: $80 Adult | $50 Child | Family (2 adults + 2 children) $230
Member: $70 Adult | $40 Child | $200 Family
Friday Evening Only (no sleepover): General: $50 Adult | $35 Child || Members: $40 Adult | $20 Child*